Thursday, October 4, 2012

Eat Me A Camel!


Eat Me A Camel!

Bah… it never rains; it pours! I failed the other day to secure myself a feed of camel from our new Xin Jiang restaurant in the mall opposite our housing estate because the chef had closed the kitchen after lunch. To avoid a disappointing repeat, I went at the socially approved time today, only to be thwarted once again! This time, a foyer full of waiting brethren, all salivating onto their flat bread conciliation prizes briefly averted their collective gaze from the neon camel sign to eyeball the most recent dromedary devouring devotee to idly dawdle through the double doors. Eager as I was to finally sink my teeth into a prime piece of camel, I took the bold step of calmly walking away from the fray. Another day, humped wildebeest! Those sneaky xinjiangians… it’s probably llama anyway. :-/