Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Batch Processing Alive And Kicking

I'm a busy nerd. I don't have the time to cook every night. I do a week's worth in one batch. I thought I'd share this week's beef stew with you. Enjoy.

 Big Bertha!
 1kg beef mince
 6 big, ripe, juicy, squishy tomatoes.
 4 carrots.
 2 large green capsicums.
 2 small heads of broccoli.
 2 or 3 sticks of celery.
 2 Big onions.
 Ready to go! Mincer on the right.
 Minced vegetables in, ready to puree tomatoes.
 Pureed tomato.
 Beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, chilli, soy sauce.
 Beans distributed first to ensure equal shares.
 Stew over the beans, ready for the freezer. Yum!
 Clean kitchen, ready for next week.

Makes 12 serves, which feeds the two of us dinners for all but one night of the week. That night we treat as a treat. :-)