Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Choicest Plugins

Some stuff sucks less.

I’ve written a lot of plugins for Vim in the… four years that I’ve been a Vim plugin dev. Sixty five at the time of writing, by my count. Some of them are even useful. Here are twenty of my favourite plugins. Enjoy. :-)

Note
  • Credit where due: Many of my plugins were co-written with the help of the indefatigable Israel Chauca (better know to vimmers as the lovable Raimondi).
  • Plugins are shown here in github stargazer rank, highest to lowest in each category. It’s not much of a metric as far as I’m concerned, but at least it’s more than just my opinion.

The Crowd Pleasers:
Go, you Good Thing!

Useful If Not (Yet?) Popular:
All puppies deserve love.

Learning Resources:
By far the most popular of my contributions:

Fringe:
Scary shit you never knew Vim could do:

There’s something in there for everyone. For questionable values of everyone. But if you’re in the set, \o/